June 13, 2011

This is a Thank You letter

.


Dear Adam,



June is usually, for me, full of nasty and rather undelightful things, such as finals, nights too hot for sleeping, and the emergence of the mosquitoes. It's at this point in time that the year's stresses and disappointments all seem to come and slap me in the face. Every little thing seems to affect me too much, whether it's being bested in something I tried hard at, dropping a raw egg accidentally, or just tripping over my cat - I become irritable, snappy, and it's hard not become the pessimist I am and rather despise. However, this year round June also dropped something rather shiny and glorious into my lap.

Or, should I say, bright and beautiful.

Through the haze of tests and studying and stress emerged All Things Bright and Beautiful, a pretty little CD filled with the most amazing music I've heard from you yet.


You've truly outdone yourself this time, Adam. To say the songs are breath-taking would be an understatement - they do so much more. They make me smile, want to dance and laugh and sing and fly, dream - and simply sit there, each song breaking my heart a little bit more with its beauty.

The Real World swept me up completely with its vivid descriptions and amazing imagery. Don't need no iTunes visualizer, and please never make a video for it - nothing in this world could ever capture the absolutely beautiful scenes your song created for me. After seeing your "Track by Track" for it, I had high expectations for a song I could relate so closely to - and they were met with flying colours. It felt like I was completely lifted free of this world and set somewhere beautiful and carefree, where anything was possible; it was my own little haven, my escape from reality, and for that I have to thank you. When I opened my eyes (I don't quite remember when I closed them, but closed them I did), I was honestly quite startled to find the normality and drabness of my bedroom around me after being drenched in such a vivid world of colour and music.

I hadn't even realized I was becoming depressed (again) until I felt that happiness your songs brought with them, and those reminders of God's love and strength made that desperation and hopelessness cease.

Thank you for reminding me why I began loving your music in the first place - for being filled to the brim with that dreaminess only you have ever managed to bottle up in a song - for reminding me why I strive to be an optimist in this pessimistic and cynical world- for giving me that feeling that I can fly and soar somewhere above reality and its troubles.


For such an absolutely amazing album, thank you.



.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty much exactly what I was thinking! Such an amazing letter. ADAM TOTALLY HAS TO READ THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete